This past March, SPEAR and VSG teamed up for an inspiring and informative discussion of the intersection of the environment and society. Two TED-style talks and an open panel addressed how climate change is intertwined with nearly everything that influences daily life, including economics, entrepreneurship, policy, food, health, and even faith.
Headlining speakers were Param Jaggi, founder and CEO of EcoViate and 2012-2013 Forbes 30 Under 30 honoree and Dr. Jonathan Gilligan from the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Vanderbilt.
Panel participants included:
- Jennifer Casale – Founder of The Green Wagon
- Jennifer Tlumak – Executive Director of Urban Green Lab
- Michael Vandenbergh – Professor at Vanderbilt Law School and Director of the Climate Change Research Network
- Dr. Lori Troxel – Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Vanderbilt
- Ryan Selvaggio – President of Vanderbilt’s chapter of Habitat for Humanity