- Sustainability and Environmental Management Office (SEMO) is looking for two students with Federal Work Study to work for campus recycling on Sundays. The job consists of driving a Vanderbilt truck around campus picking up and sorting recycling at residence halls. Starting pay is $10 an hour and the hours are flexible. Contact Dejan Stjepanovic if interested.
- VanderBIKES. Looking to rent a bike on campus? VanderBIKES is a student-run business that rents bikes to students on a semester or yearly basis. The bikes come with free maintenance and a rental U-lock and save you the hassle of purchasing a bike in Nashville and having to store it over summers! Place a rental order online or visit their office at the back of new Rand, Saturdays 11am-2pm.
- Vanderbilt Food Justice. VFJ is a hands-on organization, from growing food, to activism, to education. VGI’s mission is to use gardening to create community, improve sustainability, and fight for social justice. This semester they are working on composting, maintaining community gardens, and creating a rainwater catchment system. Join via Anchor Link here or email Tristan Abbott for more information.
- The American Meteorological Society is accepting applications for the position of Policy Program Assistant in the AMS Policy Program. You must have a Bachelor’s degree, excellence in written and oral communication, and great organizational skills. If this sounds like you and you’re on the hunt for a job, find out more here!
- Compost Nashville is looking for interns that are interested in sustainable business practices, market research, outreach, and/or organic waste management. If this applies to you, contact email@example.com or call the operations manager Beadle at (615) 398-0209.
- Environment America is looking for graduating seniors to apply to their 2016 Fellowship Program or their digital campaign team. Click to apply or to learn more about the positions. These are both full-time paid positions starting August 2016. The deadline for early consideration is October 25th.
- Renew Merchandise. Renew Merchandise recycles PET to create clothing, and they are offering internships for academic credit. Contact Ray Holloway for more information.
- Spark Clean Energy. Spark Clean Energy currently offers a Fellowship sponsoring attendance at two conferences, the BERC Energy Summit and the MIT Energy Conference. In addition, they are running a Clean Energy Prize competition with the opportunity to compete for $20,000 worth of cash and other prizes. This competition offers an alternative to business plan competitions to incentivize new and creative engagement in the energy and sustainability industries. Learn more about both programs at sparkcleanenergy.org.
- The GREEN Program. The GREEN Program is now accepting applications for their Iceland, Peru, and Philadelphia for winter, spring, and summer. Their programs are the premiere experiential learning program for future clean energy and sustainability leaders. The short-term immersion programs take students on adventures to the epicenters of clean technology, sustainability and innovative industries. SPEAR members that have gone on GREEN program trips in the past have had amazing experiences! Apply here.